Street Walk – The Clerkenwell Boulevard with Andrea Casalotti
10.30am – 12.30pm, Saturday 15th March
The Old Street, Clerkenwell Road and Theobalds Road corridor is one of the most heavily cycled routes in London and has been identified as a key link in the proposed Central London Cycle Grid. Anyone who has walked or cycled the route will know significant changes are required if it is to become an attractive route for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
This walk will be an opportunity to discuss proposals for The Clerkenwell Boulevard, which aim to make Old Street, Clerkenwell Road and Theobalds Road safer and faster for people on bikes and more pleasant for people walking. Some of the issues and opportunities that will be discussed on the walk are:
- How to stop through traffic and prevent rat running
- Two cycle tracks or one bidirectional
- Opportunities for improving the urban realm
- Key junctions: Southampton Row, Gray’s Inn/Rosebery Av, Old Street Roundabout
- Reduction of traffic lights, to make cycling and walking faster
- The Play Street Axis, from Spa Fields to Smithfield
We hope you can join us for the walk, please note that spaces are limited, please register here if you would like to attend.